Watchung Stables Beginner Horse Riding and Trails Guide
The Watchung Stables is in the Watchung Reservation, which has been around for a long time. The county owns the complex and provides a chance to learn how to ride or have fun. The Watchung Stables complex has a big barn with room for nearly 100 horses. On top of that, it also has a show ring and four riding rings. In addition, the outside hunter course is just outside the main building. The facility is barrier-free, and it doesn’t have any barriers. There are some paddocks, a hay storage area, and an isolation barn. The administration building has a meeting room and a store for equestrian equipment. Visitors are welcome to come and see the facility during regular business hours. And there are many guided tours and programs for Scouts, seniors, pre-schoolers, and organizations centered on people with disabilities. Horse lovers will find plenty of things to do here.
Horse Stables in Watchung Trail Options
Suppose you’re looking for horseback trail riding NJ has quite the selection. Each is scenic and allows riders to explore Garden State’s diverse terrain. So, whether you’re looking for a picturesque ride or something more challenging, there’s sure to be a trail for you. On the other hand, here are a few trails you can explore outside of Watchung:
- Seaton Hackney Stables – If you want to explore miles of paths on a beautiful horse, go to Loantaka Park. It’s only a few minutes away from the stable.
- Legacy Stables – They offer horseback rides on the Capik Nature Preserve. A trail guide will go with you to ensure everything goes well and everyone is safe.
- Top View Riding Ranch – Top View Riding Ranch offers rides through the valley. You can go on a one-hour, two-hour, half-day, or full-day ride through the Paulinskill Valley trails.
- Echo Lakes Stables – The rides here follow the trails of ancient Indians who used to live in the mountains. They go by beautiful mountainsides, swiftly running streams, and rock walls hundreds of years old.
Watchung Stable Reservation Trails
Union County’s Watchung Stable offers guided trail rides for riding enthusiasts nine years older. Moreover, groups of 15 riders line out on bridle trails within the more than 2,000-acre Reservation in the Mountainside area. However, the rides are on a first-come, first-served basis. Guided tours, except for the summer, typically run between 1 pm and 3 pm. Further, it will cost $45 for out-of-county rates. However, it’s only $32 for in-county rates. Here is the Watchung Reservation Trails for horse riders:
- Watchung Reservation History Trail – This is a 10.1 km trail that takes an average of 2 hours and 15 minutes to complete. So, it’s considered a moderate challenge. The History Trail is at the Trailside Nature and Science Center. However, many signs tell you where each site is along the trail, and there are pink blazes to mark it. So you won’t get lost.
- Lake Surprise Loop via Purple and White Trails – This 4.7 km trail is near Berkeley Heights, New Jersey. It’s an easy route, and it takes about an hour to complete on average. In addition, this trail offers spectacular views, wildlife, and wildflowers throughout the year.
For more detailed information on horseback riding at Watchung, click this link: https://sharonsteelerealestate.com/guided-horseback-riding-at-watchung-reservation/.